Saturday, March 24, 2007

Conservatoire de Musique

I went to the Conservatory of Music with a small group of stagiaires. As it usual in me, I arrived late thanks to my bus. In Place Hamilius I found another group of stagiares that were going to rollerblade and invited me over. I didn't know what to do!!! I felt so tempted,…I was going to be 10 or 15 minutes late and I didn't know if they would let me get in late. Well, I saw my bus and hopped on! The concert was fabulous! First the older students played and later on the younger students, around 7 years old, joined in with their little tiny violins. It was very cute and they were very professional. It made me jealous; I want to play some instrument! The second part of the concert was a group of adults. I don't think they were students because they played just perfect (at least for me) The fun part came after the concert. We went to check out the Instruments of the World museum. It was quiet interesting! They have instruments that are not longer in use…or that have evolved into modern instruments.

We also saw a conference about different Norwegian instruments. The luthier explained the differences between their instruments and other cord instruments such as violins and guitars. At the end of the conference the luthier and his band played a couple of traditional songs. It was very nice and the instruments were very expensive, the cheapest being 5,000€ We were about to leave when Polish band dressed in traditional attire started singing and playing their violins. The songs cheerful and invited you to dance along. The place was empty, only two old Luxembourg ladies that were more energetic than the three of us combined. They kept asking the guys "How do you say Thank you in Polish" and one of the guys told her, I'm sorry Ma'am but I'm Belgian! Hehe…Most of them were of Polish descend and spoke Polish. The party got started and all the alcohol they have drunk was already kicking in ...Even Marek and Laura sang Slovakian songs along with the band!

No comments: